Friday, May 27, 2011

Blue Crush {Beverage}

One rule: No making fun of my dolphin picture.  I *may* have had a thing for dolphins in the 90's. (Who didn't?)  And I *maybe* still have that picture shoved in the cupboard in my downstairs bathroom.  I *maybe* forget that I have it and then I find it and look at it for awhile thinking how much I like that picture and how I really wish I were snorkeling in the Carribean.  It makes me feel happy and peaceful.  And then I shove the picture back into the cupboard because for some reason I don't want to give it away and for some reason I don't want to decorate with it. 

So there you have it. 
My dirty little secret.  On to the drink.  It's really yummy. 

This was one of those drinks that tasted good while drinking it, and then that coconutty aftertaste hits and POW! Love it!  I combined a couple of recipes while looking for a Blue Drink specifically.  We were having a party to cheer on our favorite college basketball team playing in the Sweet Sixteen and the colors are blue and white.  You'll have to just try it!
You'll need:
1 packet unsweetened Blue KoolAid
  (I used Blue Raspberry Lemonade)
2 liter Diet Lemon-Lime soda
1/2 C. Cream of Coconut
1 tsp Coconut Extract

Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl or large pitcher.  The Cream of Coconut is heavy, so stir really well, especially before serving. 
Enjoy!




5 comments:

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

that is one very blue drink. :) If I liked coconut I might try it, :P my daughter on the other hand, loves coconut, so I'm sure she'd flip for it.
xoxo,
Amy
visiting from tt&j

Danielle Renee said...

This reminds me of Sonics blue drink, which was my favorites. Yum.

Our Thrifty Ideas said...

Sounds so yummy. I think I want to make this for a 4th of July celebration. Seems appropriate!!

I featured it on my blog over at www.ourthriftyideas.com

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Yum!! We will have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Sorry for taking so long to come over but what a fun blog you have. I have had a great time looking around. Thanks for inviting me over :) Plus my kids would love this drink, thanks for sharing!

The Farm Girl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...