Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Salad

Here is a great salad to take to your big BBQ this weekend. I found it in a neighborhood cookbook a friend gave me and tried it immediately.  It passed the test and was a big hit when I took it to a potluck dinner.  Enjoy!!

Buffalo Chicken Salad:
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 C. Frank's Buffalo Chicken sauce

1 head lettuce (I like a combination of Iceberg and Green Leaf)
1/2 c. roasted corn kernels (see picture below)
3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
1 avocado, sliced
cheese, shredded
sunflower seeds
Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing

Heat oven to 375*.  Place cut up chicken into greased pan.  Place in oven and bake about 25 minutes.   Stir chicken around to coat once more with sauce.  Place lettuce, chicken, egg slices, corn, avocado, cheese and sunflower seeds in large bowl.  Top with salad dressing.

*If you like a sweet and spicy chicken instead, combine about 2 1/2 cups brown sugar to the Buffalo sauce BEFORE pouring it over the raw chicken.  This is the sauce I use for my "copy-cat" Wingers wings (recipe coming soon) and it is so delicious!
**I also like to add a little of the sticky sauce that is still left in the pan after I've removed my chicken to the Blue Cheese dressing. It is a perfect combination of the creamy Blue Cheese and that sweet/spicy kick.


I just toasted some corn in a skillet on medium heat for a few minutes until it looked like this.

 Mmmmmmmm. Delicious.
 

1 comment:

FRUGALFABFASHIONISTA said...

This looks wonderful. I will definitely be trying this soon.!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...