Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cucumber Punch


















Promise me you'll give this a chance. Don't just move on because it has the word Cucumber in it. This stuff is really delicious!  Summery. Happy. Fresh. Light.  These are some of the words that pop into my head when I drink this.  Seriously, I love it.  And I hope you will too! 

Ingredients needed:
1 bag of ice
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 12 oz. can limeade
1 bottle Diet Sprite or 7up (HAS to be diet)**

My friends and I like to get together to watch American Idol.  We eat a lot of snacks and I like to make new drinks to try.  Some of my favorites have been  Pina Colada, Strawberry Limeade, and Caribbean Slush.
One night last season, my friend Mandy introduced us to this unique, refreshing beverage.  Lives were changed.  We made it for the five consecutive weeks following, and maybe a few times in between with baby showers and game nights. 














The flavor of cucumber is light here. You can taste it, but it doesn't overwhelm the drink.  Of course, if you absolutely HATE cucumber flavor, this might not be the drink for you.  But I really, really, really want you to try it!

So, Mandy shows up at my house with all the ingredients to assemble this drink.  We all gathered around and watched in awed silence.  She said the ingredients MUST be put in the punch bowl in this order, so that all the flavors would come together as one in a perfect unity.  (it probably wasn't all that dramatic, but this is how I remember it). 

I have always placed the ingredients in my punch bowl in the proper order.  I'm not one to tempt fate.  I really want my drink to turn out perfectly all the time.  I'm not sure what craziness would happen should I go out of order.  My sister said she would fork out the $3.50 it costs to make this drink out of order, just so we could see what disaster would occur, but we have yet to walk down that path. 
(Wow, with an introduction like that, you either are running to the store right now or you gave up reading a long time ago.  Hopefully I didn't oversell it too much!! Clearly I have passion for food)

CUCUMBER PUNCH
1 bag of ice
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 12 oz. can limeade
1 bottle Diet Sprite or 7up (HAS to be diet)**
Layer the ingredients in listed order in a punch bowl.  Serve immediately and enjoy!!

**I did go a little crazy once and used regular Sprite.  The sugar in the drink overpowered the cucumber flavor too much and tasted mostly just like regular Sprite with a hint of limeade :)

Linking up to:

6 comments:

Tonee said...

Sounds delish! The cucumber doesn't scare me at all. My friend use to keep a cold pitcher of water in her fridge with things like cucumbers in it - gives the water such a nice flavor!

Siri said...

Yummy! Sounds like the perfect summertime drink! Can't wait to try it! :)

Anonymous said...

This looks so good. Nice and refreshing on hot summer day like today which is supposed to be 111 degrees YUK! Please come over to my link party and share some of your tasty recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

J-ME said...

Oh My that looks so delicious. I can't wait to try it!!

Unknown said...

Saw your link on one of the linky parties today, and wanted to drop by and say hi. This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try it. I'm now following you, and if you'd like, drop by Vibrant Serenity sometime and say hi!

Katie @ Newcomb Home said...

Yum, that does sound so refreshing! I'll have to try it in a couple weekends when I host a brunch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...