Monday, May 2, 2011

Thing 1 & Thing 2 Dr. Seuss Twin Baby Shower

My friend Sabrina recently had twin baby girls. I know. Wow!

Wow in an exciting way and Wow, that's a lot to handle!!

Our friend Tina had a shower for her, and of course the theme had to be Thing 1 & Thing 2!  It was SO SO SO adorable.  And loud. You know how at baby showers everyone squeals and claps when a really cute outfit is opened?  Well, imagine double the squealing.  If one thing is adorable, then two identical outfits are totally precious.  Seriously. So. Cute.

It all started with these adorable invites.  I mean, how could I not smile after reading this?  The text goes as follows:

Having a party for one
Is a fun thing to do
But just think what fun we'd have
When there's a party for two!

The girl babies to be
Are fast on their way!
Thing 1 & Thing 2
Will be here to stay!

Let's shower Sabrina
With gifts galore!
To help welcome the babies
We all will adore!

You would not, could not
Want to miss
A celebration such as this!

February is the month,
The 5th is the day,
On Saturday from 6 until 8
RSVP now, please don't delay!


Tina had the place decked out so adorable, here are a few of her pictures. 

I love this Dr. Seuss banner. It is just made from a "Cat in the Hat" book purchased at the DI for a dollar.  Did she feel bad cutting up a book? Yes. But it was in the name of party cuteness and that was certainly achieved.  Tina just cut the pages into triangles then threaded some yarn through punched out holes.   

I loved these tissue paper pom poms.  They were pretty easy to make and added so much flair hanging from the ceiling. 
There were not one, but two diaper cakes adorning the table.  I've never seen diapers looking so cute! I wouldn't ever want to use them. (until 2 a.m. hits one morning and I realize I'm completely out of my diaper stock....)

The food table.  Of course, the food was delicious and very Suess stylish in the colors of Red, White, and Teal.












Candy jars filled with blue gumballs, marshmallows, and red hots added a touch of whimsy.











 Who doesn't love pretzel rods dipped in chocolate..... or red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting?
*sigh* I wish I had some right now in fact.
And now, as if Tina didn't totally already outdo herself with the food and decorations, here are the adorable onsies and dolls she made.
Way to go Tina!! This shower was so much fun and it was such a nice party for you to throw! Congrats to my friend Sabrina for the arrival of her beautiful baby girls.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...